SEO is constantly evolving and changing, so it's essential to stay updated on the latest techniques. By following the tips below, your Australian business can make sure your website is user-friendly and visible in search results. Check out the top 3 main techniques to improve your SEO.
3 Ways To Help Australian Businesses With Their SEO
Optimising your page experience
The goal of SEO is to improve your visibility and ranking in search engines, and part of that involves improving your page experience.
Page experience refers to how users interact with and perceive your website when they land on your pages. It includes load times, navigation, design, and overall user-friendliness. Basically, everything contributes to how "pleasant" or "frustrating" your website is to use.
In this case, you need to invest your time and effort in making your website or landing pages as smooth as possible. Here are the simple steps you can begin with:
- Optimise your load time. The ideal load time for a website is three seconds and two seconds for e-commerce websites. With website speed score tools, your website should reach up to 85 points and above.
- Ensure that website navigation is easy to use. Make menus, buttons, and link easy to understand. Use proper linking of the pages and utilise suitable content, descriptions, and images.
- Make website optimise for different devices. It is vital to make a design suitable for desktop, laptop, and mobile devices. If it doesn’t look good with any of them, it will degrade the quality of your website.
- Establish user-friendly content. The user-friendly content is important because it helps make your website easy to understand and navigate. So, instead of using heavy and too formal words, the conversational tone of the content is much better. It allows you to get more viewers, enabling them to understand your content.
Increase your dwell time
Dwell time is the amount of time a user spends on your website before leaving. A high dwell time indicates a good page experience, showing that users are engaged with your content.
If you fail in critical your dwell time, people would just check your website and leave right away. So, check out below the few things you can do to improve your page’s dwell time:
- Create compelling, exciting content. One of the most important things you can do to improve your SEO is to develop high-quality content. It means writing articles, blog posts, and other informative and engaging pieces. If your content is good, people will be more likely to share it online and link to it from their own websites.
- Ensure website optimisation and navigation. Earlier, you learned why optimisation and navigation are essential. It even helps with increasing your dwell time because people would not get bored with your website but become more interested in it.
- Generate engaging visuals and multimedia. One way to ensure your Australian business website is engaging for users is to generate visually appealing content. It could include infographics, images, videos or even interactive content such as quizzes or polls.
Optimise your existing content
One of the most important aspects of SEO is to ensure that your existing content is optimised. It is because search engines often rank websites based on their content, and by optimising your existing content, you can improve your visibility and ranking.
In this case, it is advisable to begin repurposing your content while you make it more SEO-friendly. Find out below the ways how to repurpose your content easily:
- Check title tags and meta descriptions. Both title tags and meta descriptions are necessary for search engines to understand what a web page is about. So, Australian businesses need to ensure good title tags and meta descriptions.
- Improve your content’s writing and information quality. This step helps you to build trust and credibility with your audience. So, plan out your content and make this content highly engaging to everyone.
- Utilise keywords and links. Keywords and linking improve your click-through rate, and it can boost your ranking in search engines. So, add appropriate keywords and links to your website and website copy.
Are you ready to improve the SEO for your Australian business?
SEO is an integral part of any online marketing strategy, and by using the proper techniques, you can improve your visibility and ranking in search engines. To learn more about SEO tips, check out the following articles below: